Drop in advice sessions (no appointment required) take place at The Old Town Hall Market Street Margate on
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday between 9.30 – 11.30am
Our telephone helpline operates ( subject to the availability of advisers) on:
- Monday to Friday 9.30 – 11.30am : 01843 225973
You can also e-mail us on email@example.com please see CAB Documents
EDF Energy Trust Money Adviser
A Money Adviser delivers sessions across Thanet. The position is funded by the EDF Energy Trust Fund. They provide help for people facing financial difficulty including advice on debt, budgeting, income maximisation, benefit eligibility & energy efficiency.
They can also help with applications for Charitable Grants from EDF, British Gas and N Power which can help with fuel debt, and occasionally offer some help towards rent arrears, Council Tax arrears, or necessary household items such as cookers, beds or fridges. Each application is assessed independently on its merits, and awards will only be made to Clients most in need.
If you are struggling with debt, or would like further information about applying for a Trust fund please:
- Visit Thanet CAB, Old Town Hall, Market Street, Margate, CT9 1EU, Monday- Thursday 9.30-11.30
- Call our general line: 01843 225973, Mon - Fri 9.30-11.30 (subject to adviser availability)
- Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or visit one of the outreach locations and ask for details of the next session held there.
If you would like help with the completion of an EDF Trust fund application specifically please contact the designated line on 01843 229696 (general enquiries will not be taken on this line)